More and more people are going online for shopping bargains. With lower overheads than your regular retail stores, online stores can give you some significant savings. For this week’s link reviews, I thought I would look at a few of the more popular Australian online bargain stores.
Online Bargain Shopping
- Catch of the Day. Offers a product at noon everyday at a reduced price for 24 hour or until sold out.
- Crazy Sales is an Australian owned online department store selling items from electronics and Manchester, to perfume and fitness equipment.
- Deals Direct in one of Australia’s biggest online department stores. offer reviews on products
- OO Online Shopping another online department store.
- Why Pay Full Price is an Australian coupon website. Type in your postcode to find coupons and deals in your area.
- And of course, there’s good old eBay.
I have purchased online and saved a lot in comparison to bricks and mortar stores however this isn’t always the case, so it pays to shop around. I have, for instance, found items cheaper at my local Harvey Norman than anywhere else, online and off. The only way to bag a bargain is to know your prices.
As a side note, buying things you hadn’t intended because they were just too good to pass up, or the impulse got you can be fun, but it isn’t a bargain.
Save time and use a comparison shop. Rather than checking out each bargain site individually, use a comparison site to do the work for you.
- Get Price. Know what you want? Compare prices across an extensive range of online stores, compare items, look up customer reviews on products and and online stores. One stop bargain shop.
- My Shopping is the most prominent online comparison site. Save time shopping around by comparing price and products here.
- Offer Me is another comparison service that works the other way round. Enter the product that you want to buy and a price you’re willing to pay and sellers will offer you their best deals for you to choose.
Keep an eye out for Google Product Search. It’s not currently available in Australia yet but you can check out the American beta version for an idea on how it works and product information and reviews. Product review is Australian and is another useful site to look for product review.
Melissa Goodwin is a writer and the creator of Frugal and Thriving who has a passion for living frugally and encouraging people to thrive on any budget. The blog is nine years old and is almost like her eldest baby. Prior to being a blogger and mum (but not a mummy blogger), she worked as an accountant doing other people’s budgets, books and tax.