Australian online money resources. Resources that help you find help when you need it.
I have put together a collection of Australian online resources for managing money. There is a wealth of information (pardon the pun) between these websites: everything from financial counselling, budgeting and saving, to financial planners and investing in the share market.
Financial Counselling Services
- Salvation Army Financial Counselling
- Centrelink’s Financial Information Services
- National Debt Helpline Free financial counselling service.
- Saver Plus Program
Charities and Urgent Help
- Emergency Help National Debt Helpline
- Emergency Grant
- Service Seeker to find available services in your local area
- Salvation Army Financial Assistance
- St Vincent De Paul
- Good Shepherd Microfinance No-Interest Loan Scheme
- Crisis and Special Help Services Centrelink
- Payment and Services Finder
- Urgent Money Help – Links to Available Services
Concessions and Rebates
- Australian Department of Human Resources Concessions
- QLD Concessions and Rebates
- QLD Cost of Living Support
- Victoria Cost of Living Support
- New South Wales Cost of Living Services
- South Australia Cost of Living Services
- Western Australia Concessions
- Australian Capital Territory Concessions
- Northern Territory Concessions
- Tasmania Government Concessions
Government Bodies and Services
- Australian Taxation Office
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission
- Department of Social Servies
- Department of Education and Training
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (Privacy rights and laws)
- Attorney General’s Department
- Family Court of Australia
- Department of Jobs and Small Business
- MyGov online access to government services
- Smart Traveller
- Australian Business Services
- List (with links) of all other Government Agencies and Departments
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commision and where to get consumer help
- State Consumer Protection Agencies
- Scam Watch
Investing and Financial Planning
- The Australian Stock Exchange run courses on investing in the share market, some of these are online, and they have resources like ‘Getting started in the stock market’ that explains shares from scratch. Their books are pretty good too.
- Good Advice is run by the Financial Planners Association, and have tips on choosing a planner, what questions to ask etc.
General Financial Information
- NineMSN Money
- Savings Guide
- MoneySmart is a government website with information on money management including budgeting, saving, debt management, superannuation and investment. They also have a list of educational programmes run by other institutions around the country.
- Financial Literacy Information Centre provides information on banking products
- FIDO, a website run by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission that has advice on personal finance, everything from budgeting and saving to superannuation, insurance and investing.
- Money Minded is a website with both financial information and financial education programmes