Savoury muffins make a good lunchbox filler or a meal on the go and are a healthy fast food, especially if you pack them with plenty of veggies and make them with wholemeal flour. Use tasty cheese to give the muffins plenty of flavour, or substitute feta or parmesan for a different twist. Zucchinis have a lot of moisture in them so add the milk a bit at a time, you may not need the whole amount.
- 1 cup of s/r flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 small finely grated carrot
- 1 small finely grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped ham (or leftover meat of choice)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease 12 x 1/3 cup capacity muffin pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in zucchini, carrot and cheese working out any lumps with your fingers. Stir in ham.
- Whisk milk, oil and eggs together in a jug. Add to dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Divide mixture evenly between muffin holes. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Stand in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 304mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g
Nutritional information is calculated automatically using the Nutritionix database. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, serving size or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.