- 4 boneless chicken thighs, cut into three pieces.
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 sweet potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 - 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar, rapadura sugar or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 cup peas or beans (fresh or frozen)
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat.
- Mix the flour and salt and pepper together on a plate. Dredge the chicken pieces in flour, shake off excess and cook until lightly browned on both sides. Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- Place the remaining ingredients except for the stock into the slow cooker.
- Pour the stock or water into the hot fry pan and scrape up all the yummy bits. Add this to the slow cooker and stir everything to combine.
- Cook on high for approx. 3 - 4 hours or low for approx. 6 - 8 hours or until cooked through.
- Add peas 1/2 - 1 hour before serving to cook through
- Serve with your favourite side.
Stir through a splash of cream or a tablespoon of sour cream just before serving for a creamy finish to the stew. This is totally optional, but if you like creamy, it's a nice addition.
Serve with polenta, mash potato or crusty bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 424mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 5gSugar: 13gProtein: 24g
Nutritional information is calculated automatically using the Nutritionix database. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, serving size or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Adapted from this recipe.