This onion jam is simple to make and can be made while the rest of the meal is being prepared and cooked.
While the recipe calls for red onion, I usually just use the brown onions from the pantry and it tastes just as good. You could also vary the type of vinegar you use. I generally don’t measure the sauce or vinegar, so taste and adjust the sauce quantities to your liking.
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Cook onion in some oil over very low heat until softened and starting to caramelise (about 20 minutes) stirring occasionally. Don’t let the onion brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for a few extra minutes giving it a stir every now and then.
- Serve over sausages (or anything else you fancy).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 18Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is calculated automatically using the Nutritionix database. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, serving size or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.