Who doesn’t like a good chicken nugget?
And by good I mean not the cheapo frozen ones.
These homemade chicken nuggets are a finger food for toddlers, children and adults alike. We started making these when our son was just a toddler and they’ve come along for the ride.
To have the convenience of frozen nuggets (but oh, so much healthier) freeze these uncooked. Place them on a tray in a single layer and place in the freezer until frozen. You can then transfer them to a bag or container. Cook frozen (without defrosting) and add an extra 3 – 5 minutes onto the baking time or until cooked through.
The mix makes around 35 nuggets.
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 zucchini, grated and squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 – 1 cup of corn kernels (defrosted), optional
- 1 egg
- breadcrumbs to coat
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a baking tray with oil (or spray with oil).
- Mix all ingredients except breadcrumbs with your hands until well squooshed together.
- Shape teaspoons of mixture into nuggets, roll in breadcrumbs and place on the tray.
- Lightly spray or drizzle nuggets with oil and cook for 15 – 20 minutes or until cooked through, turning halfway.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 22g
Nutritional information is calculated automatically using the Nutritionix database. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, serving size or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.