Turn stale bread into gooey, chocolatey goodness with this decadent Nutella and banana French toast recipe. Great special occasion treat.
Looking for that special breakfast that’s just a little bit naughty? This banana and Nutella French toast ticks those boxes and more.
Sweet, gooey, and decadent, this is not an everyday breakfast but is great when you are looking for a special treat.
Truth be told, this photo doesn’t actually show Nutella®. I used the Aldi cheap version that is sooo much cheaper.
So if you’re thinking, ‘yeah nah, Nutella’s® a bit pricey‘, check out the Aldi version (or wait until the branded version goes on sale).
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter for frying
- 1 banana, sliced or mashed
- 4 Tbsp. Nutella
- 1 Tbsp. icing sugar
- Heat frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk egg and milk in a bowl.
- Spread two slices of bread thickly with half of the Nutella. To one of these slices, add half of the banana slices. Top with the other slice of bread to make a sandwich.
- Melt half the butter in the pan.
- Dip one slice of sandwich in the egg mixture. Let it soak in for a few seconds, then gently flip the bread over and soak for a few more seconds, longer for thick-cut bread.
- Fry the egg-soaked sandwich in the pan for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. You will need to be very gentle as you flip the sandwich; otherwise, it will slide apart.
- Add extra butter to the pan and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Cut in halves or quarters and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 535Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 416mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 5gSugar: 36gProtein: 12g
Nutritional information is calculated automatically using the Nutritionix database. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, serving size or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.