French toast doesn’t always have to be sweet! Here’s a savoury French toast recipe with cheese and garlic for a twist on the usual sweet dish.
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp. garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- butter for frying
- Heat frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk egg, milk, cheese, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Melt some butter in the pan.
- Dip one slice of bread in the egg mixture. Let it soak in for 10 seconds, flip the bread over and soak for a few more seconds, longer for thick-cut bread.
- Fry the egg-soaked bread in the pan for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Add extra butter to the pan and repeat with the other pieces of bread.
- Top with your favourite toppings before serving.
I topped my savoury French toast with bacon, avocado, and chopped fresh tomato. Fried mushrooms would also be yum.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 220mgSodium: 897mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 19g
Nutritional information is calculated automatically using the Nutritionix database. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, serving size or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.