Revive stale bread into something delicious and decadent with this basic French toast recipe that’s flavoured with vanilla and cinnamon.
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Heat frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk egg, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Melt half the butter in the pan.
- Dip one slice of bread in the egg mixture. Let it soak in for a few seconds, flip the bread over and soak for a few more seconds, longer for thick-cut bread.
- Fry the egg-soaked bread in the pan for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Add extra butter to the pan and repeat with the other piece of bread.
Serve topped with maple syrup and berries.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 221mgSodium: 496mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 14g
Nutritional information is calculated automatically using the Nutritionix database. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, serving size or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.