You can’t beat the combination of meatballs, noodles and peanut butter for comfort food. These chicken satay meatballs hit the spot when it’s comfort food you’re looking for.
The ginger in the meatballs works really well to cut through the nuttiness of the sauce. Ginger in a jar is one of the few cheats that I use in the kitchen.
As usual, use whatever vegetables you have in the crisper.
- FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 500g chicken mince
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. breadcrumbs
- FOR THE SATAY SAUCE:
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 125 ml coconut cream (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 lime or lemon, juice from
- FOR THE STIR FRY
- 400g packet Hokkien noodles
- 1 carrot, cut into small matchsticks
- 1 zucchini, cut into small matchsticks
- 1/2 capsicum, finely sliced
- To make the meatballs: combine all ingredients, squooshing well with your hands. Roll teaspoon-full amounts into small balls and set aside in the fridge.
- To make the sauce: sauté the garlic in a little oil over low heat until soft. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir for a few minutes over low heat until combined and thickened slightly. Set aside.
- Prepare noodles as per packet directions.
- Fry meatballs in a little oil over medium heat until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Sauté the vegetables in the same pan until softened slightly. Return the meatballs to the pan and toss in the noodles. Stir in enough sauce to coat and make the dish saucy. Add a little water if needed to loosen the sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 952Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 189mgSodium: 1105mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 7gSugar: 33gProtein: 58g
Nutritional information is calculated automatically using the Nutritionix database. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, serving size or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Looking for more mince recipe ideas? Try:
- One-Pot Savoury Mince with Vegetables
- Hidden Veggie Meatballs
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets with Hidden Vegetables