- 1 quantity of shortcrust pastry
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 80mls thickened or double cream
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- Line a pie dish or flan tin with pastry. Blind bake and cool.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until well combined. Add cream and whisk to combine. Add lemon juice and zest. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour into the prepared pastry base. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes at 150°C.
- Cool and serve
The bigger the tart tin, the thinner the filling, but it is a very rich and ‘tart’ tart so a little goes a long way.
Using a store-bought pastry case will mean that this dish will take less than 5 minutes to prepare.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is calculated automatically using the Nutritionix database. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, serving size or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.