Looking for a quick and inexpensive mid-week meal? Try this one-pan chorizo and potato omelette.
This is a quick omelette that is very tasty, thanks to the chorizo, which is full of flavour and is just a little bit spicy.
While I like to serve this with a well-dressed salad, my husband prefers it to be served with grilled Turkish bread.
We used to eat this between the two of us (with fewer eggs), but nowadays it feeds two adults and two young children – my eight-year-old son going back for seconds.
Make it all in one pan by boiling the potato in a little water, then drain, adding the chorizo to the dry pan.
- 3 small potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1-2 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp of fresh rosemary, chopped or 1/4 tsp of dried
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Boil or steam potatoes until tender. Drain.
- Fry the chorizo on medium high until golden. Remove chorizo and put aside.
- Add the potatoes and rosemary to the chorizo fat in the pan and cook tossing them until golden.
- Return the chorizo to the pan before adding the eggs. There should still be a little bit of fat in the pan, but if not add a little oil or butter to ensure your eggs don’t stick.
- As the omelette cooks, draw the sides away slightly, tilting the pan and letting the top run down and cook.
- Finish the omelette off under the griller/broiler for a minute or two until the top is cooked.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 291mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g
Nutritional information is calculated automatically using the Nutritionix database. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, serving size or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Melissa Goodwin has been writing about frugal living for 10+ year but has been saving her pennies since she first got pocket money. Prior to writing about frugal living, Melissa worked as an accountant. As well as a diploma of accounting, Melissa has an honours degree in humanities including writing and research and she studied to be a teacher and loves sharing the things that she has learned and helping others to achieve their goals. She has been preparing all her life to write about frugal living skills.