If you’re wanting to increase your vegetable intake, these fritters are a quick and easy way to do so. Kids and adults alike love them, and they make great lunches.
Serve hot or store in the fridge for a speedy snack.
I served these with a homemade tomato relish, I’ll share that recipe next week.
1 potato, grated (no need to peel)
1 zucchini, grated
1 carrot, grated
1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh or defrosted; or a small tin of kernels, drained
1/2 cup tasty cheese, grated
1/4 cup self-raising flour
1 –2 tsp. wholegrain mustard
salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze excess moisture out of grated vegetables.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil or butter (I like to use a little of both). Form/dollop fritters in the pan with about 2 tablespoons of mixture. Fry on both sides until lightly golden.
- If serving hot, keep warm in the oven until all fritters are cooked.
- Serve with homemade tomato relish (recipe next week) or bottled relish or chutney or sour cream.
Makes about 10 fritters.