Who doesn’t love mac ‘n cheese?
It’s always a winner in our house, but we up the nutritional content by using wholemeal pasta and adding steamed or leftover vegetables.
- 2 cups steamed vegetables
- 2 cups of leftover cooked pasta
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. plain flour (same as butter)
- milk (enough to make a sauce)
- Grated cheese to taste
- Sauté onion in butter over low heat until soft. Stir in the flour and cook for a minute before adding the milk and stirring well over low heat to make a thick sauce.
- Stir in the grated cheese, pasta and vegetables and heat through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 9g
Nutritional information is calculated automatically using the Nutritionix database. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, serving size or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.