We’re on a muffin fest lately.
- 150g butter softened
- 3/4 cup of raw sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup yoghurt (or use more milk)
- 1 cup raspberries, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 12 x cup muffin tin.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until lump free and slightly fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing with each addition.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, adding the husks to the mix. Add the oats and stir to combine.
- Add the milk and yoghurt and mix until combined. Gently fold in the raspberries and choc chips.
- Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 25 – 35 minutes or until cooked through and a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in tins for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
Tossing the raspberries in a little flour before adding to the mixture will help prevent them from sinking as the muffins cook.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 228mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is calculated automatically using the Nutritionix database. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, serving size or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Melissa Goodwin has been writing about frugal living for 10+ year but has been saving her pennies since she first got pocket money. Prior to writing about frugal living, Melissa worked as an accountant. As well as a diploma of accounting, Melissa has an honours degree in humanities including writing and research and she studied to be a teacher and loves sharing the things that she has learned and helping others to achieve their goals. She has been preparing all her life to write about frugal living skills.