Hampers full of your special person’s favourite things are a great gift. Here are six father’s day gift hamper ideas for dad’s special day.
I love giving and receiving gift baskets because you get a whole bunch of little goodies. And if done right, the recipient is going to love every single one.
For the dad who has everything, a Father’s Day gift hamper of his favourite things can be the perfect present.
Below are six ideas for gift hampers for dad on Father’s Day.
Tips for Packing a Gift Hamper for Dad
When making up a Father’s Day gift hamper, you need to think about three things:
- What items you’re going to put into it
- What container you’re going to pack your hamper in
- If and how you’re going to wrap it.
If you click the links below, there are lists of suggested items you could include in your gift hamper to spark ideas; chocolate hampers are always a favourite!
When packing Father’s Day hampers, don’t just think cane basket.
For example, a storage box that can be used again not only holds all the goodies, it becomes part of the gift.
For a cooking hamper, a salad bowl or a serving platter purchased on sale or second-hand would make a great base for a food hamper.
A plant pot, cotton carry bag, or recycled gift box are all packaging to consider.
Lastly, store-bought hampers are often wrapped in plastic. While that’s certainly an option, consider other ways to wrap your hamper to reduce plastic waste. One of my favourites is a tea towel that can then be reused.
Here are more tips and tricks for making personalised hampers.
Tips For Affordable Father’s Day Hampers on a Budget
When it comes to the cost of gift hampers, the sky is the limit. But if you’re packing a hamper on a budget, here are some tips:
- Shop around – you can pick up some great gift items in random shops
- The supermarket is a surprising cornucopia of budget hamper items
- Start early and keep an eye out for sales (just watch used by dates if you’re buying food)
- Look at clearance items (there were beautiful serving platters at Myer the other day on clearance for just a few dollars)
- Consider one or two second-hand items
- Make your own items to add
For more Father’s Day ideas, check out these cafe-quality breakfasts you can make at home for a fraction of the cost of eating out.